After careful consideration, the MGSA Board of Directors has decided we will move forward with plans to provide a Fall season to those who are comfortable participating at this time. Please understand that the following details are subject to change at any time.
Registration will include a COVID-19 waiver that MUST be signed by all coaches and parents in order to participate. We will require compliance of health and safety recommendations provided by the CDC, for everyone that enters the park. Spectators will not be allowed to enter the playing field for any reason.
- Masks/Face coverings are required, especially when entering/exiting the park. Players will not be required to cover mouth and nose during play.
- Temperature self-checks required before arrival at the park
- Handwashing and the frequent use of hand sanitizer during participation is required.
- Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms may not attend any practice or game.
- Notification of a positive case of COVID-19 from any coach or player, during Phase 1 or Phase 2, will result in their team sitting out for 14 days. This includes all practices and games.
The structure of this season is going to look a little different then what we are accustomed to here in Midlothian. The Board feels certain changes need to be made to provide the safest conditions for our coaches, players and their families. We will be implementing a Two-Phase approach, again, this plan is subject to change.
- Dates - Registration will be open online July 27th through August 21st.
- Cost - Cost per player will be $60 for 6U-16U. This fee will cover Phase 1 and Phase 2. T-Ball will not be a registration option for Fall 2020.
- Cancelations - If it is deemed necessary to cancel the Fall 2020 season during Phase 1, a full refund will be provided for each player. Once Phase 2 begins(5 October 2020), refunds will NOT be provided if it is deemed necessary to cancel.
- Jerseys - Jerseys will NOT be provided by the association. Please refer to the rules posted on the website regarding jerseys. They will not be required during Phase 1; however, teams will need to follow the posted rules during Phase 2.
- Age Divisions - Divisions will make with a minimum of 2 teams per age group. *Exception - The 14U and 16U divisions may be combined based on registration numbers.
- Phase 1 will consist of practices only during the month of September.
- Teams may begin practicing ONLY (no scrimmages) beginning September 1st.
- ALL dugouts will be closed during Phase 1. Coaches will need to utilize the outfield fence line to ensure players are 6 feet apart when separating gear, water bottles, etc.
- Teams will utilize alternating outfield gates for field access before and after practices. This will be designated on the practice schedule with either a 1 or a 3 next to the team name. Teams will enter on their designated side, secure gear on the fence of their designated side, and then exit from their designated side.
- Coaches or representatives will be responsible for cleaning any shared equipment.
- Upon the safe and successful completion of Phase 1, MGSA will provide weekly schedules for teams. Teams will be given 6 scheduled games during this phase.
- MGSA will NOT be participating in inter-city play during the Fall 2020 season. This decision was made to eliminate travel to surrounding cities as an additional safety precaution for our coaches, players, and families.
- No End of Season Tournament will be played.
- Teams MUST refrain from any post game high fives or handshakes.
- Additional details will be determined and provided as we approach Phase 2.
Our goal is to provide a much needed, positive experience for all of the kids. MGSA will continue to monitor the local situation as it applies to COVID-19 related guidelines. Decisions regarding participation will be communicated to parents as quickly as possible should changes need to be made. We will be working alongside the Midlothian Parks Department to ensure cleaning and sanitizing is taking place in common areas. Our hope is that these guidelines will allow us to have a successful season. We greatly appreciate everyone’s support, and we look forward to seeing you all at the park very soon!